View Single Post
Willow 05:58 AM 07-23-2015
I have them napping in different rooms because they don't go down like they do at bedtime lol. Bedtime is solid, no antics or funny business. I quite literally lay them down and boom, they're out. To the contrary, nap seems the BEST time for rolling, pulling up on the bars of the crib and chit chatting it up. They don't seem to notice whether they're in the same crib or not (as in they don't cry for each other or otherwise seem bothered about being alone) and I thought it offered the best odds that if even one fell asleep it would allow that one to stay asleep! Kavik stays in the crib in our room while Evan gets moved to the crib in their room. The set up is exactly the same, just the room is different, which really shouldn't impact things anyway because kids in daycare sleep at night in their beds but nap in providers home.....right??! I mean at least that's what I was banking on! Especially because we really want them accustomed to sleeping alone. Far too many twin mommies I network with say they didn't teach their kiddos that independence in infancy and now as 10 year old's freak out if they're not on top of each other at night

When they go down they are out for the count. We have dogs that sleep in our room, my husband has sleep apnea and has a machine for that (when he's home, he still works on the road Monday through Thursdays) and I don't go about my business quietly if they do manage to nap during the day. I'm worried if I cater to a sound controlled environment that if I do start daycare back up that'll become a disaster with them waking every time another child makes a noise

I do have a white noise sound machine I tried for a few months while initially putting them down for naps, but it didn't seem to do anything but act as a distraction for both!

ETA - they've been on solids for a couple of months now and they eat them at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We've done all run of the mill fruits/veg and homemade rice/oatmeal cereals....will be adding proteins in soon! Being preemie it's no surprise Kavik still struggles with textures a bit but he does ok. Evan annihilates anything I put in front of him regardless of bottle beforehand.