View Single Post
Ariana 05:28 PM 09-08-2015
It is unfortunate on all sides because my child had a horrible allergic reaction to her first round of vaccines. The reaction was confirmed by two medical Dr's and an allergist when the vaccine was tested a 2nd time. Therefore she is not vaccinated and neither is my youngest. The DR's did not help me AT ALL in figuring out what component of the vaccine my daughter was allergic to. I thought that if we could figure it out I could get a vaccine made without that component. The DR in the end didn't seem to want to help me and recommended non vaccination instead.

EVERY TIME I tell a medical professional or a school administrator that my child is not vaccinated I am immediately judged. I got so much attitude from my school until I showed them my DR exempt form. Unfortunately I won't be provided one for my youngest daughter since I chose not to expose her at all. Vaccine injury is a real thing. The USA and some provinces in Canada have funds available for vaccine injured children and millions have been given since it's inception. I am just glad that in my case the severe reaction was not life threatening and didn't "injure" my child.

I believe in vaccines. I have all of mine and get them every 10 years but some parents choose not to get their kids vaccinated for various reasons and we should respect that. Look at the real numbers when it comes to "outbreaks". I was very worried about taking my 2 daughters to Disneyland in July and spoke to my DR about it. He told me that it was mostly unvaccinated adults spreading it and that the numbers were so low I shouldn't worry. Millions of people visit Disneyland each month and only 200 got infected. Not one person died! Yet the mass hysteria had me nearly cancelling my vacation!