View Single Post
Laurel 08:19 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
Hello!

So I have this poential family wanting to start ASAP. Boys 2m and 14m. 2 full days a week, schedule is perfect as it shares the week with another PT DCK.

2 months old - SCARY. Saw the recent post about a fellow provider losing an infant to SIDS. I would need years of therapy if that happened to me. Absolutely cannot even imagine. I also have a 8 month old starting Monday.

DCM just sent me a text asking specifics about nap schedule. Our nap time is from 12-2 on a good day. She wants her 14m to be put down from 9-11 and 2-4. That means no small break for me. I would always have a DCK up. Which in my experiencee always leads to shorter naps for those who are sleeping. I havent started the 8m old yet and have never had a DCK under 1.

So what would you do? I thought maybe if the 8m and the new 14m can both sleep at the same time during both naps it could work but Im not sure.
I would gently tell her how you have to operate. Explain that you can't care for a group when each child in it has different nap schedules. They all have to be on the same one. I wouldn't hesitate to tell her that you need a break as well so there has to be some time when they are all sleeping. Any reasonable person should be able to see that. There is no center that is going to let her dictate specific nap times.

I would take the attitude that she is well meaning and just doesn't get group care yet and then explain it to her. If she insists otherwise, then she isn't the right fit.

Laurel