View Single Post
Country Kids 03:57 PM 06-26-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I guess it would also be a way for fake DRs or fake nurses etc to be charged same as an unlicensed provider. Oh wait I guess we assume all DRs are legit and deserve the respect of not assuming they are

I know of two DRs off hand who did not have a license to practice medicine but did it anyway in my province. Handing over a license might have prevented them from working for years.

I definitely see the point and think if it this way for providers it should be this way for all professions requiring a license to interact with the public. I feel it sends a message that many providers are operating without a license and it immediately assumes guilt and it is now up to the parents to police them. Why not employ people (or more people) to check licenses if they truly are worried.

Most providers here are legally unlicensed and we have been mandated to provide a written signed agreement explaining this to parents when they sign up. It makes legally unlicensed providers look bad. Why not make unlicensed providers illegal....oh wait we supply 85% of childcare!!
This is what I'm thinking-why daycare providers and not everyone who holds a license to work in their profession.