View Single Post
Annalee 04:50 AM 07-30-2018
Originally Posted by Lil_Diddle:
I’ve been moving towards having all teachers children the last few years, it’s absolutely great. School starts in a few weeks and I have a final spot I need to fill in order to maintain the budget I need. Anyways. I just got a message from a teacher that is looking for back up care. Her current daycare provider is taking off the first week of school, including numerous dates during the school year. I did respond that unfortunately I do not do back up care. The last few times I did it was chaos and messed up our routine and was not worth the extra money.

I really want to message her again and let her know that I do have a full time opening and would be a great fit. The daycare is fully functional in my walkout basement and I have an assistant as well as an alternative sub, it is a very rare occasion that I close during the school year. The kicker is I do know the other daycare provider. We are not friends, but we are friendly. We actually worked in daycare together almost 18 years ago. I would hate to go behind her back and even try to steal her student. However I also know she takes lots of time off. I really don’t know how she has so many kids because they do require lots of back up care. (I’ve actually done it for 2 if her daycare families in the past)

So on the fence, if I should even reply back to this DCM and let her know what a better fit I would be. I should mention that the DCM in question is someone I know as well. She was actually a school age child at the daycare where the other provider and myself worked. Small town living at its best
I wouldn't do this! A new provider opened here and did this taking most of another provider's kids. Now the new provider has been in business a year and the families are trying to go back to their original provider because the new provider decided she "couldn't be open all the time and decided to charge for holidays" It's a chaotic situation between these two providers now. The grass isn't greener on the other side!