View Single Post
storybookending 10:18 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I love the Rock and Play at daycare-I use it to take the newborns with me into the kitchen while making lunch, or to sit them next to me while I do paperwork, or even to take them into the bathroom with me. It makes it so much easier for me to keep them safe and close to me. I just can't believe that any parent would be stupid enough to use it as a crib! It is so obviously NOT safe for that! I agree that banning them would stop rock and play deaths, but those stupid enough to put their kids in them at night will just find another way to endanger their kids so that they (the parents) can sleep, rather than tending to newborns overnight.
I use one for daycare too for this reason and also as an extra place during outdoors time but not while they are sleeping. My niece slept in one exclusively and my SIL is going to be better about not even introducing this to their newborn in a few months after seeing this report (so she says). So many infants that I personally know slept in them until they outgrew them, especially since coming out with the ones that self rock!