Thread: Great Books!
View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
I agree with you about Steven King. For excellent books that are not supernatural/horror, I recommend: Dolores Claiborne, Full Dark No Stars or 11/23/63. Try James Patterson as well. As far as Stephen King goes, I will read anything that isn't the Dark Tower series because I'm not into fantasy.
I am a huge Stephen King fan as well. Read Carrie when I was 8! My mom has always been a reader and I picke up her habits I guess. My mom read "It" in two days. (for anyone who doesn't know, "It" is a book at least 4 inches thick.)

I just read 11/23/63 not too long ago and LOVED it. One of the best books I have read in awhile. Great read for history buffs as well.

I don't care for the Dark Tower/Gunslinger series either. I just couldn't get into them and lost interst.

Originally Posted by Kiki:
Dolores Claiborne is one of my favorites by him, I've read it multiple times. I have not however heard of the other two, I used to be an avid collector of his books, but my collecting slowed once I had my youngest DD. The Dark Tower series were good, but frustrating, I started them long before they were finished, and was very disappointed with the way he ended them. It is one of the only series I own that I will never re-read. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is also another great one for anyone out there looking to read something of his that isn't too horrible. Ok-enough on King, if I think of any other books for you to read I'll let you know!
I also like Deloris Caiborne and The Girl Who Love Tom GOrdon but have to say my all time favorites are Duma Key (fantastic read), Under the Dome, Hearts in Atlantis and The Regulators. I am really into his short stories as well, but the above are my FAVORITES. I rarely read a book twice but have read those more than once.

Probably NOT daycare.com forum appropriate and absolutely a pointless but VERY entertaining read is the "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy.
Not at all quality writing and very shallow but once you start reading, it is hard to put down.