View Single Post
earlystart 06:20 PM 07-05-2014
I feel your pain too. I'm currently in a rut as well. Sometimes I will absolutely LOVE my job - the freedom to be my own boss, to make my own policies, to not have gossiping coworkers I don't like, to stay in my own home all day, get some cleaning/chores done during the day, water the garden, stay home with my son. But other times I HATE my job: I get lonely by myself without coworkers, I get tired of shouldering the responsibility of owning my own business, the long hours, losing clients and not having any luck finding replacements, I doubt myself and my quality of care, I get sick and tired of cleaning all the time, my own son starts acting out especially around the daycare.

But really, nothing has changed except my outlook. I get this feeling with every job I've ever had - where the grass is greener on the other side. For me, sometimes the stress takes over and I feel like I can't make enough progress on all the little to-do lists in my head, so I start to mentally give up on everything and adopt a "who cares" attitude. Well then things start to get more out of hand, and it's a vicious cycle. So, I have to use techniques to reduce stress: clearing my schedule of social obligations on the evenings and weekends, take bubble baths, relaxing music, sign up for classes at the gym to get some vigorous exercise (I hate exercising, but this helps my mood SO MUCH), remind myself that this is good enough for now, and reading self-help books.

It sounds like you could use a little focus on yourself - but not on wishing for what you don't have - just tend to your emotional/physical needs first and give yourself a few weeks to wind down and de-stress and re-evaluation from there.