View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:56 AM 08-19-2014
Originally Posted by hottwhls:
Hello 'MV' my wife I do not have State Farm....we have insurance from 'First American Insurance Company'.Do they just offer so-called 'Riders' only?...or do we have to be a customer with them?.

Thanks for your help as well

Ernie and Marsha

Moreno Valley Ca
Unfortunately the only way to get a liability insurance rider is to have homeowner's insurance with them. They do not sell the rider by itself.

Another thing about State Farm is that they only cover up to 6 children so if you care for 8 children then they won't cover you. If you have children of your own then you don't have to have them covered (because you're not going to sue yourself if they get hurt etc) and the rider allows you to purchase for the number of children you need. For example, I have 3 children of my own which leaves me with 3 daycare spots (because I have 3 infants so my max capacity drops from 8 to 6) so I pay for liability insurance through State Farm for 3 daycare kids. In December when my DD turns 10 I will have an extra spot so then I'll be able to add an additional child and raise my coverage by 1 more daycare child.

I can't remember how DCI works but here's their info:
Day Care Insurance (DCI)
https://dcins.com/home.php
1 (800) 624-0912