Thread: I Need Advice!
View Single Post
rose14 06:43 PM 09-16-2011
I really have the five year olds for about 15 minutes. In that time though they are returning from lunch and I am to have them sent to the potty and laying on their cots. As soon as the teacher walks out though they start a chorus of chatter. One boy is quite hyper. Anything one does the others break out in laughter. It gets rowdy in no time flat. Twice my director has dropped in and they are talking loud and not laying down. I've tried stern, it isn't working for me. The atmosphere at work is not supportive. Today, the teacher took them to the room first and asked the children to pick up blocks before she left. I gave them a minute to clean up and directed the first child to potty. In that time, the assistanct director walked in and says to the children, "you are playing with blocks and not on your cots, you are not listening to Ms. ___." She never asked me if it was ok for the children to be at the blocks and not on their cots. It was assumed that they are running over me and entirely out of their beds. What is worse for me is that the aide I replaced did just fine with the same kids. It's not like it can't be done in that space of time. In just fifteen minutes you'd think I could make it work. With the director dropping in on me constantly I really am fearing for my job.