View Single Post
LysesKids 07:10 AM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I am allowed to charge for overages, holidays, and everything the state doesn't pay to meet what I charge...BUT I AVOID subsidy clients as a rule ......it is a headache and I feel the subsidy offices DO NOT support what I do nor how I charge and relay that to the subsidy clients I have had in the past...A client of mine once went to the subsidy office and told the lady at the local subsidy office how I was charging her for my Christmas vacation and she had to pay but could not pay and the office lady called telling me I was unfair and rediculous...so I terminated the client as soon as she walked in the door that afternoon. I even explained to this office lady how I offered monthly payments to this client to be prepared for my closings but the client chose not to do so. Learned a valuable lesson then!
The families first clients up here assume DHS will pay everything; I've discovered most of them won't follow thru with picking me once they discover they have to pay the difference... no skin off my back, I'm full for the time with private pay