Thread: That Family
View Single Post
Denali 09:32 PM 09-15-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I really really really want the update to end with "so I repossessed her puppy."
That, would be awesome. I would totally do that.

It's been a busy day, 2 new kids started, and supposedly I have a third coming to drop off paperwork tomorrow that wants to start Monday. One kid will most likely not work out as DCM has already tried to short me money. This is the one that told me "I'm not sure if DCD will be ok with the enrollment fee..." so yea, tried to hand me a check without it, told her the check was short and she responded with "oh I was sure that was the right amount..." than asked if she could pay me it next payday. I smiled and told her " no problem! We can just start care than if I still have the space!"

Funny how fast she whipped out the check book to write me another check. But yeah, not impressed with her right now. Funny how I seem to have backbone is all sorts of ways with these new families, but not really with the old ones

The family starting Monday wanted to pay on the 29th, but start yesterday, I was firm when I said nope. I get paid before I provide care. For her interview she took one step into my home and said she wanted to start, didn't even need to look around or look at my policies. Wanted to start as soon as she could...

Not holding my breath in her working out either. I'll be meeting the kid tomorrow afternoon.

So anyway, update:

Mom dropped off this morning and paid $120.00. So she is paid up until the 23rd. She is on her last straw and she knows it. Also Reminded her to make sure to bring the proof of fraud so I can wave all her late payment fees and her return check fee that she owes me, she gave me a "what? You were serious??" Look.

We'll see.