View Single Post
nannyde 07:22 AM 03-26-2011
Wow.

This boy needs help NOW. He needs an evaluation and you need to be a big part of the assessment. It's time to tell Mom that if he is to continue in your care that he MUST be assessed. He may qualify for special needs funding that will give him his own aide who is trained specificaly to manage violent kids.

I'm wondering if the Mom, your licensor, and his Doctors would consider allowing you to use a five point harness carseat for him during his tantrums. He's so violent and so dangerous that you really NEED somewhere to put him where he can be buckled in and where he can't hurt himself or others.

If you backed it up to a solid wall, had it more at an angle (not completely upright) and stayed with him beside him he may de-escalate quicker. I don't know if the State would allow this but this is a unique situation where he has already harmed you. He could permanently injure you. Your brush with the eye injury lets you know this.

I don't have any technique to manage him. Any little todder that feels comfortable getting that violent with you that often knows there's nothing you can really do to stop it.

I definitely would not go out in public with him without a five point harness stroller. After your grandma exerience with him it is obvious for everyones safety you need to have somewhere to confine him quickly.

If confinement is not allowed you really have to let him go. He may need to go into a Pscyhe facility where they CAN legally confine and restrain him for safety. He may need medication and constant therapy for a long period of time. He's only going to get bigger and stronger. If he can do that kind of damage as a two year old he is only going to be more dangerous as he ages.

Remember too that you really run the risk of him getting injured when you are trying to protect yourself and him in the midst of his rages. You have to really THINK about how that can affect you, your livlihood, and your ability to care for your own child.

He may need an enviornment where there are multiple adults who are trained in restraint and have each other to verify that anything that happens to him during restraint was done with the most sincere attempt to keep him from harming himself and others.