View Single Post
nannyde 08:28 AM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
One of my fears about termming him is we live in a small town. This young mother has LOTS of relatives (yet she complains she has no one, go figure) and her Mother works as a bartender and at a gas station. I have heard her and her Mother gossip 1st hand about some people around town. If word gets out that I am a lousy sitter or I do this or that (people lie when scorned) my business could be ruined as well as my reputation. Going to take this slow and sweet.
Well let's hope she gossips this one. The only people who this will interest are the ones with their own badly behaving kids. They will know not to come to you. That's a good thing.

Anyone who knows them knows the kid has behavior issues. She can't go anywhere or do anything without it happening in front of other people. He's most likely far worse with them than you have ever seen.

Don't allow what people will think to dissuade you from doing the right thing for yourself and the kid. Whatever affect your terming him will have on your common society will be short lived.

Just be prepared for a visit from the child abuse or state licensing. That's the most common pay back a provider gets for terming. Gossip won't cost you anything but getting the law at your door will be enough of a threat for them to get their revenge on.