View Single Post
lovemydaycare0912 05:35 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by Denali:
So awhile back a started 2 new families. One is a family that I had a feeling would push policies and have the "I'm your boss" outlook on daycare.

Tuesday I got to 'teach' her a little on how it actually works. She shows up at 7:30 on the dot for drop off. Tells me that she has to be at work at 7:30am all this week, she'll be dropping DCG off early so she can get to work on time.

Me: Oh, that's not going good to work DCM, I open at 7:30am.

DCM blankly stares at me: what?

Me: I open at 7:30am.

Smile and say nothing else. Return her stare.

DCM: oh... then I'll have to figure something out... but I'll be here on the dot 7:30... if that's ok...?

"That's fine with me for this week! I'll wave my fees for early drop off this week only, but in the future it'll cost you $30 per day extra to drop off before you normal drop off time of 7:45am." Smile and "have a good day at work!"

DCM: yes... thank you... you too.

And yes, I know I should have just charged her. Or not open my doors. I thought she was my 7:30 family... but proud of myself for saying something at all! And not choking or getting cotton mouth while doing it!! Yeah for improvement! It was nice saying nope to her 'special' of opening before 7:30am!

Side info: DCM is kinda the bully/bossy type. The fact that she reverted to asking and saying thank you was payment enough this week, that behavoir followed over to today also.
Good for you! It feels good to stand up for yourself!