View Single Post
daycare 02:36 PM 11-20-2015
I have a dck that is giving me a run for my money.

The DCF has been with me for many years. I had their older child first and now their youngest.

The oldest was the same way, perhaps not as bad.

The issue that I am having is that the child is just mean and annoys all of the other kids.

example, while in circle time, dck will put their face on other kids faces and growl or just put his face on theirs. The other kids will say stop and the dcb won't. I jump in and stop it and tell the dcb you need to honor their words. BTW hes almost 4.

I will separate and things will be fine, but then 5 min after going back to the other kids, the kid will do it or something else again to annoy or bully the other kids. The kid is very impulsive and will do anything to get attention good or bad.

DCB will not test me so much as he will my assistants. Just stinks that we have to go through this daily.

Funniest part is that mom is an ECE educator in our community.

I usually let this stuff stay here, but I am just over it. All of my staff is starting to complain about it and I need to talk to the parents, but don't know exactly what to say to them.

When I think about telling them anything, it just sounds like expected annoying kid behaviors, but from the inside looking out, it can't continue.

Here we try our best to only give attention to good behavior not bad. We affirm all of the positive things he does and really try to help him make good choices, but no matter what we do, they always will turn around and make a bad choice.

also, I am 100% certain this is not a phase.