View Single Post
adnilwis 06:01 AM 10-19-2017
I know most 18 month olds are challenging but this one has extremely odd behaviors that I'm not sure what to make of. She has been at my daycare since she was about 2 months old. She acts extremely shy around me and I know she talks at home but she refuses to for me most days and most of the time she won't make eye contact with me at all. The most odd thing I find interesting is when my kids' Grandpa comes to visit them and will come down in the daycare she will interact with him like she's known him for years. I try hard to interact with her and she just won't do it. We try dancing and she pulls her arms away and cries and anything I do with the other kids I do with her and she won't like it (but smiles when I do it with the others). She won't bring me books or toys to show me or play with but she does that with Grandpa. Do you think maybe she just doesn't like me? Any suggestions or opinions on what to Do? She doesn't seem very affectionate with her parents either and runs away from them every time they come to pick her up.