View Single Post
Farmerswife 07:29 AM 12-30-2017
I currently have an in-home daycare and am legally unlicensed. I get a lot of calls from new soon-to-be moms looking for care. We are a very small community and I know many of the other in-home daycares (legal and illegal) in our area and they are all full. There is a daycare center in town, but they don't have the best reputation. The daycare center in the next town over (approx. 7 minute drive) has a waitlist of over 20. So, there is a definite need for a daycare in our area. I make a comfortable salary, love being at home when my own kids get off the bus, love being unlicensed and not having to answer to someone about how I run my business, enjoy that I can set my own hours and take time off when I need/want to. Has anyone recently went from in-home to a center and found it beneficial? Is there good money in it? I have not started much research on it, but it has been on my mind non-stop for a week now because I feel like I need to help these families who are without daycare. Any input is welcome!