View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:13 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by JFC_Designs:
One question I have on the checkin checkout solution is I thought states required paper based signin and signout solutions. Even though a username pin feature will be used in this application do states require physical signatures?
I'm in CA and I am not REQUIRED to keep any type of physical sign-in/out sheet or have signatures. It's recommended however because of IRS issues (in case we get audited and need to prove our attendance records). A printable sign-in/out record like BlackCat suggested that the parent's could then sign at the bottom would be just as good in my opinion.

As for the part about you not wanting to copy another program, no one ever mentioned that ... MMK is simply extremely popular because it offers all of those features. If you are offering a program for FCC I think that it needs to meet or beat MMK to be successful because we are looking for an all-in-one solution ... not several programs to use at once (another reason why I stopped using checkinkids and went back to using paper sign-in sheets). ALl of the providers in my area that I know use MMK because of all of the options and how easy it is to just print off the end of year reports and either do your taxes yourselves or just hand them to your tax preparer. It's saves us time and money in the long run.

I always recommend MMK to the members of our child care association (I'm the Vice President), new providers, veteran providers etc. because it does almost everything you need and it's all in one.