View Single Post
Mom of 4 07:23 AM 06-14-2014
I would have liked a clone! LOL Or 4. One could do menus, one paperwork, one could make lunch and snacks, and one could deal with parents while I played with kids all day!

The most helpful thing was a place that had form templates. I cannot remember the name of the site now, but it was really nice. I just put in my daycare name, changed whatever I wanted my contracts/forms to say, and print! Most of the work was done already and clued me in to a lot of policies/procedures I'd never have thought of on my own.

I would have LOVED to enroll online or take credit card/debit payments as well. I dont think I'll ever go back to doing child care again, but if I did, I think that having those options would eliminate "I forgot my money" comments. I could be like "Oh, well, let me swipe your card for you!"

OT> Yesterday, a mom of an infant came in after her sched time. She was quite rude because I refused to park in DCP's driveway since she's never said it was OK, so I moved to the side and told her to pull in if she had permission. We both go into get our kids. Of course, it's PAYDAY. The lady tells DCP that she can only pull $200 out of the ATM because she went shopping to buy her daughter a bunch of "fun" stuff! I was like !!
I know that most banks allow you to shop and swipe a card AND allow you to pull $400 per day out of an acc't. She LIED to the provider. And anyway, she had enough money to buy a bunch of "fun stuff" for her infant but not enough to pay the extra money she admitted she owed! Poor provider told her "It's ok, just have it Monday morning" and the lady told her she'd have it Thurs because she can't take $ from ATM on weekends! Which, seriously? I have NEVER heard of that! I wanted to say "LIAR" but I kept my mouth shut. I am sure DCP knows that the mom was lying anyway.
I think DCP doing a CC option could eliminate these payment issues.