View Single Post
MyAngels 06:26 AM 08-20-2010
It sounds like you are on a pretty good track to get up and running, so good job there. As far as getting the word out, I tend to rely on referrals now, but when I first started out I put an ad in the local paper, printed up flyers and literally papered my town with them, called other providers in the area, introduced myself and asked them to refer any parents that they couldn't help to me (got my very first kids this way), talked to the elementary school that my own kids went to and let them know I was doing before and after school care and contacted both local hospital maternity floors and gave them flyers, too. I've also always been listed with our local Child Care Resource and Referral Network, but I don't know if Florida has that? You should also check with any large companies in your area to see if they have an internal referral list and get on that, if possible. There are two large companies here that do that and I regularly get calls from people who found me there. Maybe you could give your information to local real estate agents, in case they get new families moving into the area, too.

Good luck!