View Single Post
lolaland 07:25 AM 03-15-2013
Oh my… where to start??! For now I will only describe the “Before Reaching the Decision”.

Before reaching the decision to close – Quit my job when could not found a nice daycare for my newborn/my child turned 2/I felt morally obliged to get a job/I open the daycare in our first floor apartment/spent a little fortune turning the apartment to my dream daycare/ sign a contract with Citizens for Citizens because I could not find kids to enroll in my new daycare/State families were a bad crowd- rude and sloppy and spent their lives in courts and being chased by Child Protection Services and running from husbands or husbands running from wives and moving constantly their addresses as if being kicked out God knows why/our mortgage is high and when we tried to refinance we were denied because we had a business in one of the apartments (daycare) and we could not refinance until we close daycare or turn that apartment into a business status/EEC was very clear that if we changed the apartment status to business instead of residency I was no longer able to legally operate a in home daycare in that space/because of my income our health insurance went from 300 a month to 1000 and very high copayments (I haven’t gone to the doctor or make any repair needed at the dentist since I open daycare)/my husband is self-employed as a landscaper and with my daycare income our quarterly taxes went up so ridiculysly that took us several months to overcome the shock/I was overwhelmed with work and my daughter was going to start pre-K and I had no one to drive her to from school and our account company said our taxes would benefit if I hired someone and so I hired my brother that moved from Portugal happy with this chance of a new life in a new country/the expenses of having someone in a payroll was another huge shock and we found no improvement in our taxes situation and the amount of hours by law that he could be in daycare without me were so few that I hardly felt any improvement of the amount of work and hours I have to do (we had just added another big expense to our already stressful financial situation and I found myself slaving to pay the extra bills caused by my own business that was supposed to support me/my contract with the state was overwhelming me with paperwork and trainings and QRIS demands and the “welfare” families were getting more and more challenging to work with so a ended my contract with Citizens for Citizens/invest thousands of dollars advertising to get a new set of families in my daycare/afraid to have not return in all the money invested in advertising, I accepted all families with no restrictions of schedule and a thousand little things that I see many of you terming families for/all these “punches” and the normal demands of this long hours demanding job made my level of stress so high that even taking a week break would not made me recover and I am busy and exhausted all the time/ I could not continue to pay my brother assistant so I “fired” him/my brother assistant found a job and I’m again without no one to take my daughter to school this April.
Sorry for so long… this was the most important facts (not all of them) in the “before reaching decision”