View Single Post
daycarediva 03:34 AM 05-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I enrolled my DS in martial arts classes hoping he would learn that very thing.

Unfortunately, with his ADHD, he couldnt' stand in line and be patient while the instructor was demonstrating things without touching others or wiggling his leg or swinging his arms or sighing loudly or bouncing up and down or whispering to his friend or waving at me or fiddling with his belt or rolling up his cuffs or swaying back and forth.......

......just like that ^^

.....he couldn't pay attention long enough to learn anything.
Bc that is this little guy!

Yesterday he refused to get in the car to go to school, so dcm had him 'take a lap' around her yard, after each lap she says she stopped him and asked if he was ready to go to school yet.... 3 laps and he decided he better get in the car. Normally a morning like that she would have to bring him in kicking and screaming to school and they would put him in the padded support room. Instead he had a great day.

Yes, his school does time out and takes away recess. Some days when he gets to me we all go outside and kick a ball for a while and run it out. I don't even engage him other than "Bad day, huh? Lets go outside." He gets very little outdoors time anywhere else, and imho that's why he is so well behaved and under control here.