View Single Post
Unregistered 08:48 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by HappyPennie:
I am annoyed....I started a new DC boy last week and when I met with the mom we agreed on the 7th as her first payment date because it worked better for her payment schedule at work. I got a text from her this afternoon asking if we could make a payment arrangement for the first payment because she did her calculations and wouldn't be able to pay me the full amount. Not wanting to, I sat down with my husband and we figured out a payment plan that put her first payment at $200 ($112 remaining balance) and she could pay the $112 remaining with her second payment. She said that should work and then 2 seconds later sent another text asking if she could pay the $200 on her NEXT paycheck (20th) and then catch up after that. Seriously?? You want me to go a whole month without getting a dime?? I told her I needed some kind of payment on the 7th and she came back with $80....I'm annoyed and just needed to vent....I want to be willing to work with people but COME ON. What would you do in this situation?
I would probably explain to her that because you had an agreement, you want to stick with it. Explain that if you just accept $80 this time, then say 20th gets here and she can't pay the balance in full, she gets further and further behind making YOU further and further behind on your bills. You do not want a current balance to spill over into a new month because each pay period that passes with a short payment, it gets harder to catch up.

Usually, when I explain things like that, it gets the job done and most will "find" a way to get the $$. And then after this, advance payments only. NO payments in arrears, it's how you get screwed!