View Single Post
CraftyMom 07:52 AM 10-16-2014
I agree that there is another issue besides the breastfeeding. I think the whole situation may not be working. It is quite likely that you spend more time on your own child than you realize. You are there to be an assistant in a daycare. It is not your employers responsibility to allow you one on one time with your child during work hours.

I would guess that she wants you, the assistant, to assist with getting the other children settled for nap. Instead she is doing that herself while you tend to your child while she is paying you. Regardless of it only taking her a couple of minutes, I'm sure she has other things to do and it would more beneficial to her if you were helping at naptime. Her priority is the daycare children and your breastfeeding is a side note to her, whereas to you breastfeeding your child is the priority. (I'm not agreeing one way or the other, just giving a different perspective)

I understand she agreed to this. Sounds like she is regretting that decision and isn't going about telling you in the right way.

You should definitely address it with her before it gets ugly. Ask her straight out if this whole situation is working. If not you could absolutely find another assistant job. Although I can say you will have a difficult time finding work where you can bring your own child for free or reduced and breastfeed while on the job.

I understand your end, but as a daycare owner this would be a problem for me. I don't even allow parents of enrolled children to come in and breastfeed, let alone an employee. Not that I don't support breastfeeding, I absolutely do. Just that it causes more of a disruption than parents realize.