View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:58 PM 10-18-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
OP. have you done the math yet?

I don't want to harp because I fear I may come off as badgering, but I have your future interest at heart, I swear. I really think you would be better off going your own way. Your daughter will only LET you hold and comfort her for so long, don't let this job take that time from you. You can't get it back. BELIEVE me.

Here I can have two kids without being licensed. That would be $250 a week. Pure income.

Have you figured out what yours could be? Is it more than you are making now?? (Be sure to factor in the forgone expense of daycare, gasoline, inclement weather, vacation and sick days.)

Really give it some thought. Take this advice from someone who gave away the 5 months she had with her son thinking she could make it up later. He was only on this earth 5 months. Regret never goes away.

I'm so sorry Cat Herder.

I completely agree with this. Maybe OP should look into doing child care in her own place, especially if you're getting paid less than minimum wage now. Plus, something to consider is the fact that this provider is just starting out and has just a few kids. If it doesn't pick up soon for her, she may very well let you go anyways. Best for you to prepared!