View Single Post
jgcp 11:14 AM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
It seems a lot of boys of providers go through this stage at around 3yo. I've heard a lot of stories, my son was this way and my two friends children were this way. We always joke about sending them to a different daycare. I know nothing worked with my son and it seems nothing is working with my friends sons. Redirection, time out, consequences were only good for the couple of minutes they were happening and then it's right back too it. It also seems like in a lot of cases there is one specific child that is targeted the most and that child has behaviors that instigate the other child. I think your only course of action is to term your friends child or make your son shadow you. Also, even though the other child may be inciting your child it's still no excuse to hit. If you decide to keep the child or if his behaviors start focusing on another child once you term you need to shadow him, teach him to use his words, cut out any rough play with siblings/dad etc., demonstrate proper responses and praise him when he does well.
Thanks! It dosnt make me feel so alone. I definitely do not want to make excuses for him and I'm sick of constantly being on him about it so the shadowing is a really good idea