View Single Post
Hunni Bee 06:12 AM 01-29-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am starting to think mine has dyslexia. He will be 5 in March. Can't remember letters and numbers after going over the same ones for three weeks. He switches hands constantly with silverware and writing utensils. He can't hold a pencil correctly even when I show him. His use of language is slightly off at times. He can get his point across, but sometimes jumbles the words in the sentence. He also wants to start writing all his letters at the bottom and work up, I am always reminding him to start at the top. He can trace letters, but most of them he can't make without tracing, even when looking at a sample letter.
Well my guy cannot control writing utensils at all. All of his drawings/writing are still shapeless squiggles. He knows all of his letters/numbers but as with your DCB, he uses strange inflections, emphasizes the wrong words/syllables and runs his words together in a strange candence.

"Ms, yes yes we are GETTING our coats on, so we can go outside wecangooutside. Yeah."

It's kind of cute which is why nobody has really looked into it, but something definitely is a little off.