View Single Post
SnowGirl 01:41 PM 03-25-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Please read it. I was called a liar and the mom in question when I said I thought the mom should be given more than a few hours notice. How would anyone like to have to give up a day of work to find daycare? I was also cursed at by Nannyde. I wasn't treated nice. I'm a long time reader. I post once and awhile, but I've seen this mob mentality before. As I said, I am a licensed teacher and have walked in all types of environments with parents. I don't want to see it as them vs us. I think sometimes this forum does that. I want to see it as two parties caring about a minor's well being. I'm aware some of you solely look at this as a job, but I don't. I feel that view isn't respected at all.
In regards to THIS thread, I remember the part of the conversation you're referring to. I was talking about another thread entirely, by the way.

Anyway, you would have given this DCM a week to work out other care, and that's a choice you have every right to make.

Tasha and this DCM were still within the two week trial period, but that was just about to end. If Tasha wanted to end the relationship before the contract became official, she needed to do so that day. The straw that broke the camel's back was the email she received on Saturday, and she acted immediately (sent out a messenger Sunday morning).

There are many ways a provider can handle a situation like this, and Tasha's way was valid. Your way would have been valid. I've been in Tasha's shoes before and I handled it in a less strict way (trying to work with the family), and they never started to respect me or my policies. If there is ever another family to treat me that way, I will be doing it the way Tasha was advised to do it in this thread.

I, like you, desire a partnership with my families, not a "me vs. them". I'm lucky in that I have had that with most of my families save the one.