View Single Post
childcaremom 02:09 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
In a court of law, she has to prove you owe the debt. She will have to provide a signed copy of the contract you signed.
You should keep copies of any texts or emails exchanged proving that you gave her notice or had reason to be concerned for your child's safety.

With childcare contracts, the childcare provide is agreeing to provide a standard of care plus whatever else she initially agreed to. (Certain hours, days, etc). Even with a contract, if you could prove she wasn't providing what she agreed to you may not be responsible to pay. For example, if she was suddenly verbally abusive to your child or had in fact changed her hours from her posted ones with no notice. That said, if you were concerned with your child's well being, the judge will want to know why you didn't file a complaint with licensing.

And this is just my two cents . . . It sounds like you may have broken some of her policies but, there is no excuse for yelling at your clients, especially in front of small children.

I am glad that you've pulled your child.

As for the other, as everyone says, it will all go back to the contract. My contract states a two week notice for any changes except in case of emergency. Until you have a copy of yours with her, it's all guesswork.