View Single Post
Snowmom 12:36 PM 06-30-2016
Do you WANT staggered arrivals? Or would you prefer all children to be here by a certain time?

Personally, I don't get why people just can't be on time. For doctor's appointments, play dates, dinners, ack, it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

You have 3 choices with timeframe requirements:
1. The time is the time. She has no other choice but to keep to the schedule that was agreed upon. You WILL NOT open the door before or after this agreed upon time.
2. Change policy to everyone having a drop off time between X-Xam. Any child not here by that time will not be allowed in care.
3. Assign a fee to late arrivals. If they can't make it by their assigned time, then they will incur a "convenience fee" of $10 per infraction.

My guess is that she thinks of you as her employee and you should be bending to her wishes if you want a job.
Hence the yelling.

Regarding that... I wouldn't tolerate it. She'd be immediately terminated without refunds if it happened here.
However, if you prefer to give her a pass on it, I'd still acknowledge it and tell her it won't be tolerated again and have her sign off on it (along with what the consequence is if she chooses to disrespect you in this manner again).