View Single Post
Cat Herder 09:26 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...z&ocid=SK2ADHP

Thankfully no deaths and a very smart toddler were involved but come on????? SIX kids, ages 2-4, left in a car alone while the person went into a mall??? No reason on earth says that's okay.
I just read that one. 7 kids, total, one carseat. Only two were hers. I'd be curious to know if she is a family childcare provider out running errands? I will be watching this one.

"A woman is accused of leaving seven children, ages 2 to 4, in a hot car outside a Maryland shopping center last week, authorities said.

According to the Charles County Sheriff's Office, one of the children called 911 from the car shortly after 1 p.m. Friday.

The boy told dispatchers that "he and six other children were inside a car unattended and hot," the Sheriff's Office said in a news release. Deputies arrived to find the children inside the unlocked car with the windows up and the engine turned off, WJLA-TV reported. Only one car seat was in the vehicle, authorities said.

The car's driver, the 37-year-old mother of two of the children, returned to the vehicle about 10 minutes after authorities found and treated the kids, the Sheriff's Office said. Deputies said she had been gone for at least 20 minutes.

Authorities charged the woman, whose name was not released, with confinement of children inside a motor vehicle. She could face more charges, as well, the Sheriff's Office said."