View Single Post
CountryRoads 06:54 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I have been working with this family for 18 months now. They always paid on time up until last pay day. Dad picked up and as he was walking away I said it's pay day. He went home and brought me back a check. This was the first time I ever had to ask them for pay. Fast forward to today. He dropped off, no check. If he doesn't pay me at pick up do I just say have a good weekend then tack on my late fee or tell him again before he leaves that it's pay day. I HATE asking for my pay. I think it's ridiculous to have to ask. I think it's rude that they "forget" ....Just pay your damn bill! Anyways, just asking how you approach this
It's very rude. I always wonder, "do these people "forget" to pay their mortgage? Electric bill? Car payment?" UGH.

I would send him a text that payment is due at pick-up or late fees will be applied.

I used to have this problem with one of my families when I first started. I didn't have a backbone and would make subtle hints that payment was due. I cringe looking back at it. I added in late fees and the problem stopped.

Edited to add:

I also hated asking for payment. So awkward. For some reason, I would be embarrassed to ask. Now, I look at it as THEY should be the embarrassed one. How humiliating is it that the person providing care for YOUR child so you can work has to ask you for payment??