View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Thanks for making me feel like a shitty provider. I thoroughly appreciate your unhelpful input.
This right here ^^ is what bothers me most about this job and this discussion board.

You (the OP) asked for advice.
A poster gave advice...advice I agree with and the only thing that is taken from what she said is that she made you feel like a bad provider?
It's not about you. It's about the child and what's best for her.

The behavior of children in our care is NOT always a direct reflection of the type of provider we are or aren't. The most difficult kids teach us the most and sometimes some kids are simply not the right fit for some programs.

The poster that replied didn't say anything personal about you at all. The post was actually very relevant and was along the lines of what I would have said too.

She wasn't trying to make you feel like a shitty provider.
I am sorry that her post made you feel like that.
Knowing the poster as I do, I am confident that was not her intent at all.

Clearly she was simply saying what you ended up realizing anyways... that your program might not be the best environment for this child.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
She’s two. You’re setting her for failure. You need to rethink you’re profession. She needs to be allowed to be two without fear of punishment.
This (the bolded) however was unnecessary and very unhelpful.

Just because one child doesn't do well in one environment does not mean the provider needs to rethink her entire profession.

That's a huge stretch and a really rude statement to make to someone that is trying to navigate the situation. She didn't post venting about the child, she posted asking for advice on what to do about the situation.

Telling someone else to rethink their profession is childish and immature not to mention just plain rude.