Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Josiegirl 03:17 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
^^^^^^^ all of what e.j. said.
If you're 'looking around' and using a general glimpse of shoppers, etc., seeing 85% adhering to the rules, great. That's what I feel it is here. And some more than others. But then you look at sports pictures in the newspaper and victory hugs show 100% noncompliance with masks. And yes, hockey was a big spreader here. Multiply each potential exposure by the number of family/friends, etc. they each come into contact with. Plus I bet every single state is still having weddings, church services, restaurant gatherings, parties; how many positive cases came from Halloween parties? How many will be caused from Thanksgiving and Christmas?
Last time I went out was Saturday because we needed stuff at Walgreens and the grocery store(realizing only NOW what I need to buy for next pandemic). Walgreens-4 thoughtless young teens walked into the store, no masks, fake coughed and then left. Proceeded to the grocery store and had to stop to let an unmasked mom with 2 boys walk past.
So even though I am seeing major compliance, it's the minority who are still not helping. All it takes is 1 positive case to make many, if not protecting others.
Unregistered, count your blessings Covid hasn't touched your family due to your children participating in band and gymnastics. Truly lucky. Keep crossing your fingers.
Our local area has been mostly untouched until the past month and now it's spreading like wild fire.