View Single Post
misol 04:25 PM 01-31-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
What state are you in??

I have a 3yr old and we are putting him in preschool. Same thing I would be over my cap. by 30min. i talked to my SS worker and she said NO you cant do that.

also awhile back, I had a mom drop her kid off on an unscheduled day without permissio. Knowing that I would be in back room with the class teaching she left him at my foyer in my front room and left.

I came to the front of the house to have all the kids go to the bathroom and theres little Johnny.... I was like what in the world are you doing here. It put me over my cap. so I called the duty officer of the day at SS office and said I cant belive this happened and I am over my cap. I tired to call everyone on his list to pick him up. He ended up being here for 5 hours before anyone picked him up. DCM never answered her phone. The duty officer of the day said to me that there is never a reason that you are allowed to be over your cap. She said if I were out there that day i would have sited you. She then went on to say that i would have to appeal it if that were to ever happen.....

I guess you would have to be willing to take any matters that came your way if you were found in noncompliance of the rules...
But your situation does sound very tempting. Is there any way that you could talk to the other parents to see if they can pick up 30 min earlier??
WOW! This is outright dangerous and disrespectful. This would have been this little boy's last day! On the spot termination! What if after mom left the boy turned around and walked right out the door. You would have never even known he was there and could have been held liable if something terrible happened to him.