View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
DCM says that DCB (5) will eat anything. However, he never eats anything. I serve meals family style, so less waste. So today, he refused protein and vegetable but took fruit and grain. This is what he does most days.
During snack he will ask for seconds, I been telling everyone no. DCG (3.5) (sister) will take a try everything, when she says she does not like it. He will tell her "yes you do".

Ugh

Can I limit servings on grains to one serving, even though I offer seconds on everything else? (I am on the food program)

Any suggestions on how to encourage him to eat?
I limit grains during lunch and after the first serving of everything there is NO seconds unless ALL your food is gone so daycare boy would NOT get anything more than his first serving of grains and fruit unless he ate the veggies and protein too... then IF I have seconds available he could have them but not grains... I never do seconds on the carbs.

Originally Posted by NessaRose:
A grain is a required component of snack, though.
No it isn't, Lyse's Kids is correct.... you are only required to chose 2 of the 4 food groups for snack. Grains for infants is required for snack. Perhaps that is what you are thinking of... They must have breast milk or formula and a bread or bread alternate (grain)

.... I've never served a grain for snack to my other kids.

I ONLY serve fresh veggies or fruit for snacks.