View Single Post
MaritimeMummy 04:42 AM 08-01-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
So, when is the funeral going to be? What did this lady say? Hopefully she realized she was being rude.
Just found out late yesterday that it will be on Friday at 1:30. That is the day I had slated to take off anyway. What does that one mom who is ending this week do? But emailed me quite literally 30 minutes after I found out it is on Friday. At that point I hadnt bothered to tell anyone that it was Friday because no one needed to make sudden alternate arrangments...I had this booked off since January. Anyway, DCM sent an email to me and CC'd her daughter's father, and said, "we require care on Friday, so Thursday will not be DD's last day after all. Please confirm, DD's dad will pick her up."

I'm like...O_O are you effing KIDDING me?! First you got a written notice back in JANUARY of ALL my days off for the entire year, then you get an email at the beginning of the month reminding you that said day is coming up, then you tell me DCG's last day will be Thursday, now you are telling me you are disregarding all of these things?

I was very quick to respond, "I apologize, her last day will remain Thursday as discussed. Friday, which was booked off since January of this year and you have received a written notice regarding it, plus an email this month, ended up being the day of my great-grandmother's funeral...the one you could unfortunately not see fit to find alternate care for. Please respect my need to grieve. Please do not forget that my final pay of ($XX) dollars will be due when you pick DCG up on Thursday at 5:30pm."

SO done with her.