View Single Post
midaycare 03:50 PM 12-11-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Was this an immediate term? How did you word it to her? Just wondering so I can make a mental note for the future
It was an immediate term. That is how it is worded in my contract. It says if you drug your child to mask an illness and don't tell me, it is grounds for immediate termination.

I handed her a copy of her signature on that policy (I have a scanner, so I made a quick scan/copy), I told her that while I am quite flexible with things like drop off and pick up times (it's one of my selling points around here), I can not bend this policy, no matter how much I like dcm and dcg. I told her my trust as a dcp was gone and it would be impossible to care for dcg, always wondering if I was getting the truth. I handed her the term notice, listened to her excuses for a few minutes, and told her firmly that I would not accept dcg back.

I can see what happened. Dcg was out sick all last week. Dcm didn't want to miss more work, especially with her new promotion. I might have had more sympathy, but dcm and dcd have extensive family roots here and can find people to watch dcg if they really need to.