View Single Post
Thriftylady 05:33 AM 01-21-2016
Well I don't know much about school programs, but I know that my program, ALL kiddos all day kiddos and after school kiddos pay their weekly tuition regardless of attendance. I had one family of three children who were not here for two weeks over Christmas. I was open, and they were required to pay for the spots. Now I do have a little bit of freedom since I am running my own business, I have not charged her the extra fee for her school age kiddos on a day they had no school for weather. So in my program it usually balances out. I, like you need to be able to plan how I will pay my bills and buy groceries, because I have to have those things for the kids.

Your program also has to be ready to give a snack to your kids, because they MAY be there. They also have to have enough staff to keep their program in ratio at all times because your kids MAY be there. If they do not pay to have the staff there and your kids show up, there is a huge issue. They wouldn't be able to keep your kids even for one minute.

As far as paying monthly, as PP said, it is coming from higher up the people you see every day are likely powerless over that. You could make some calls they may or may not work with you. Likely they have had issues getting payment in the past and have found this is the best way to insure payment.