View Single Post
MN Mom 01:40 PM 10-18-2010
That's the thing. It's not about policy..it's about the fees. His job is currently a beck and call type of job. He works a very abnormal schedule and half of it he doesn't get paid for...but that's OK because he's "helping out the family farm". He stays up till 3 or 4 in the morning running from our house to the farm to check on things but will only get paid for 1/3 of that time he had to keep himself awake for. He will then get calls at 7am from work, and go in again about 9 or 10am until 6pm. His pay certainly doesn't reflect the hours he puts in, and he simply doesn't care. He thinks not having a backbone in regards to what his time is worth is a GOOD thing....regardless of how much his immediate family suffers for it.

He thinks 30/day with 25% off the rate for additional siblings is too much...even if the SA boys are rarely here. I would only charge that rate IF they have to be cared for on a non-school day. Summers I will be willing to re-consider..but to me my summers are priceless, and I didn't get a summer this year due to her kids here 40-50 hours a week.

Honestly he thinks I should charge 30/day TOTAL for all 3 ...so basically charge for the baby and let the SA's stay free when they are here. He even thinks my 45/day rate currently (1 FT slot, 2 SA slots) is too much.

I knew he liked to be in control (hence why he has a car and I do not), but I didn't realize HOW much control he really likes to have over me. This is turning out to be a MUCH bigger situation that I realized.

I'm going to hold off on giving her the contract today, mull things over and give it to her Wed at pick-up. Maybe I am being unfair. Maybe I am charging too much.