View Single Post
Leigh 09:26 AM 06-23-2017
I have way more favorites than I could ever list! Here are some that I have really loved, though:

Robin Cook, Dan Brown, and Stephen King: not a fan of the genres, but love the authors and their books.

Ken Follett: Again, not what I usually look for in a book, but his books are SO good.

Jackie Collins-I discovered her in Junior High, I think, and I have loved all of her books.

Sidney Sheldon: Every one has a been a favorite for me

Peter Jenkins: I so enjoyed his books about his wandering.

Neil Simon: for obvious reasons-an incredible talent

Agatha Christie: Again, not a mystery girl, but I am pretty sure I have read every book.

I have to agree with BC about Jennifer Weiner-love her books!

The only book I have read by Dee Brown was Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, but I truly was captivated by it The Native perspective is very interesting even today. My dad was a law enforcement officer for many years, and was sent to Wounded Knee when I was just a few days old and hanging on to life by a thread-I was not expected to survive because of a severe immune deficiency...my family definitely has some terrible opinions about the Sioux, and some are justified, some are not. I remember growing up hearing about how Dad had nothing but a nightstick when he was there, but he had guns pointed at him with no means of defense. I have Sioux friends and have fostered Sioux children, and I am always searching for more information about their history and today's perspective. I knew about the atrocities committed against the Sioux, but this book really taught me so much more, especially about why the modern Sioux still have so much hate and distrust about the US government and caucasian people in general.

Other than these, I am obsessed with biographies and autobiographies. I'll read any of them, but I really love ones about growing up in the 80's and about entertainers.