Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Ariana 10:21 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'm in such a rut.
January is always tough. There's not much (immediately) to look forward to after the holidays have passed and it's so bitterly cold out.
That alone gives me the winter blues.

Then factor in Christmas bills become due and I always seem to have the families that can't manage money.
DCM bounced a check on me last week. She did it 7 months ago too and was required to pay cash for 6 months. So, this is two bounced checks in a year. She "ran out of gas" on Friday and was a couple minutes late picking up. Monday, she didn't have cash to pay. She got a termination notice.

This is two terminations for my group since October.

Family #2 picked up late yesterday. I handed them a late fee notice. Deer in headlights.
I may term them too. Too many issues in the short 3 months they've been here (and they filled in the last termed spot!).

I've never had so many issues as I have in the past year. I know we all say it: it's not the kids, it's the adults.
I know it's part of the job, I just don't know how much more I can deal with it.

I'm trying to find the joy, I really am.
I am with ya! This past year has been my worst as well. Bad behavior of parents all around. It is never the kids!