Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Homebody 07:31 AM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
A no show, no call is a blessing in disguise. When I was opening my daycare last year I’d filled all but one of my spots when I had a woman reach out to me via email and after several exchanged emails, we did a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview. I had a red flag in that she wanted a discount because her son would only be here 4 days a week but I only offer a full time, 5 day rate and turned her down on the discount request. That transpired during emails so I assumed she was ok with the full time rate after all since we continued emails and then had a phone interview that went well. The day before the interview I confirmed via text and she said we were good to go For the next day. Then interview time rolls around and I’m sitting all alone and pretty in my sparkling clean house while my family is out enjoying their afternoon because she was a no call, no show. I was bummed but decided it must be for the best.
Two days later I got a call from another lady who urgently needed care for her daughter who had just been pulled from a daycare where they suspected neglect and abuse. I met with this woman and her husband hours later and they enrolled their daughter with me. The daughter began to thrive in my care within the first month and her parents commented on the improvements they saw in her since changing daycares to be with me. She’s probably one of my dearest dcks now. And had that original no call, no show lady actually showed up and enrolled her son, I wouldn’t have had an opening for this sweet dcg who desperately needed a new daycare environment.
That's awesome! I'm glad things worked out for you with the other family. That's how I'm trying to stay positive, by thinking that a better and more deserving family will come along. I at least have an infant, who will be 6 weeks old, starting in two weeks. I'm getting excited about that.