View Single Post
CordiallyCranberry 10:59 AM 02-24-2015
Hi there, I am not a licensed provider. I care for my cousins kids. I have a brother and sister pair. I've been caring for them for a few years and last June it turned full time.

Here are the issues I am having:

1. The girl has severe asthma. To the point where she constantly has a hacking smokers cough. Her father smokes in the bathroom at their house. It is a one floor home. The kids both stink of smoke constantly, but more importantly, this little girl more often than not has a really bad cough. I've even had to call her mother because her chest was collapsing.

2. The kids haven't been bathed in over a week. They both smell. Their nails are very long and have dirt caked under them. Sometimes they send them dressed but with the little girl, they leave me to do her hair. I don't mind doing that...I know how it is getting kids up in the morning. I have 2 of my own! So I have a bottle of detangler for her and her own comb here that I got for her here. Every single day it gets worse and worse. Today, I was gagging from the stale, dirty smell while doing her hair.

The little boy goes to preschool with my son 3 days a week. I was thinking of mentioning it to his teacher and seeing what she says to do?
Do you guys have any insight? I am not snobby by any means. My home is covered in toys and I always have kids here, so I understand a mess. But not medically being negligent to your child. And certainly not being dirty.
Do I offer to bathe them? Do I not offer and just do it and cut their nails?

These poor kids!

Also, on a completely selfish note, I don't like my kids playing with them when they are dirty. Ick!