View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:06 PM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Leigh:
OK-I am understanding that the provider reported on 7/11 and the family pulled the child from care on 7/16 in RESPONSE to the report. Is this correct? That would show concern before termination.

I think that after a ton of back and forth (via texting etc) about things they (provider and family) had been discussing (mainly diet) and not seeing eye to eye on, that the provider made a final "hail Mary" type report/call.

I have been in her shoes and had to report a family. More than once actually and the ONE thing that saved my butt was documentation on my part. I had dated documentation from day one that clearly outlined my concerns and actions.

I also think the family pulled the child as soon as they found out it was her that called CAS...which is usually the case.

Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Okay. I agree that the provider didn't need to report this child. Obviously, there was some other motivation going on there.
But what I don't get is the award to the parents. They got a voice mail and one visit by CAS and a nurse. The child wasn't removed from their care. CAS noted the allegation as unsubstantiated and closed the case. Why does this warrant a $10,000 award to the parents for the 'suffering'?
The bottom of the transcripts "explain" why the ruling for monetary damages was given.