View Single Post
LysesKids 10:54 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Sugaree:
I'm sure this will come as no big surprise, but I ascribe to some of the attachment parenting teachings. He's still nursing at 2. We co-sleep and have since he was born. I'd still rather wear him than deal with a stroller.

BUT

I don't expect anyone else to do that. He sleeps on a cot at daycare. Sure, the first few weeks were rough with him only going to sleep in the bouncy chair at daycare. I've never asked anyone else to lay with him or wear him or anything. He's a smart kid and understands that daycare isn't home and things are done differently.

I also have no problems letting him cry and whine over non-emergency things.
See that's where you and a lot of AP parents differ... I do nothing but infant care and some of the moms interviewing refuse to allow CIO for even 2 minutes because I am busy with another baby, or they want the baby coddled at every turn - I also tell them their child has to sleep in the crib or on the floor bed (12 months & up), and I will not lay next to them or allow them to sleep on me... all the babes here get loads of love & hugs, but it's shared, not 1 on 1 like at home. I commend you for accepting and understanding the differences between home & childcare