View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:48 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
the water can NOT be left unsupervised.....I understand that the kids were supervised, but the water must be supervised as well.

water can not be left standing open at anytime without it being 100% supervised or made not accessible to the children.

I think you did the right thing,I don't think that the provider was doing any thing wrong, but licensing says she is. it can take seconds for a kid to slip away from under our supervision and get out into that water..... so they make it the water that has to be 100% supervised as well.
Okay, I know California can be silly about certain things and I know their regulations aren't very clear but I have to wonder who seriously thinks water requires supervision?

Especially when it was posted earlier that:

Originally Posted by :
Water in pools, water tables, buckets and such must be 100% supervised by an adult at all times or 100% not accessible to the children, meaning a fence or such.
if ALL the children were inside the house WITH 2 adults and the door was locked then it IS 100% NOT accessible to the children.

OP ~ I'd fight this one all the way. Either the state needs to start being clearer on things or they need to have some training for the licensors/analysts so that interpretation is not so vague and wide open.