View Single Post
nannyde 06:02 PM 08-31-2016
I started in 93 and ran until April of 2014

21 years and it changed quite a bit in that time. But... this happens in every business.

I think the biggest change has been the behavior of the parents. It became increasingly difficult to find well behaved parents.

The education thing didn't really affect me. I offered babysitting and didn't promote an early childhood education but rather CARE. When I reopen I will stick with CARE.

I've never been interested in early childhood education. I think there are so many other things that are so much more important like healthy chemical free home made food, exercise, discipline, a good long deep sleep mid day, PRECICE careful supervision with immediate correction for safety and behavior, an adult who digs your kid and would give their life for them at any time for any reason, self entertainment, and a killer toy collection that doesn't include a single toy that DOES something.

To me, that's what nets great kids.

We need to start asking Kindy teachers what they see with the incoming generation. What makes their classrooms work? What makes them love the kids and their jobs. They are the greatest resource for telling us what works best once the kid goes to school and they are never asked.

Do you want a kid who knows colors, numbers, shapes, or can read... or do you want a kid who respects you, who is well rested, who knows how to function without sucking the life out of you each second?

Do you want a scholar or do you want a sweetie who is kind to the others, who knows when to come forward and when to take a seat and let the others shine?

Do you want a kid who has to have something to make or a kid who can make something of nothing?

What works? We want to know....