View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:05 AM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
A facility roster is what they have used to ask for files. On that list they only take active children enrolled. I have talked with the head of licensing in Sacramento and the county health coordinator who handles immunizations. They both told me the same thing. The file has to be up to date on any child enrolled.
I know the law very well I'm very well versed in what the state requires.

What I need to change is my current policy on this to stop clients from doing this over and over. This is what I'm asking for help on.

Yes, some of this is my fault. It was an oversight. But it was due back in JULY. So since then the parents haven't even tried to do a thing about getting me the update. Seems like they are waiting for me to remind them of their due dates, which is not my responsibility.

Maybe I'm not explain this right.
Yeah, I am confused..... You need to find a policy that stops parents from letting their child's immunizations lapse?

If you are suspending them from attending, mark them as "Enrolled-Not Active" and then your facility roster will show you adhered to the law.

I'm not understanding why your current policy isn't acceptable?

Are you suppose to terminate families that are behind on immunizations therefore removing them from the roster and meeting the state law.

Re-enroll at your discretion when they are up to date.

Also, if it's a law in CA that children not be allowed to attend child care or school unless their imms are up to date, then it's the "administration department's" job to track and exclude when behind. Since most of us are a one-woman (man) show the responsibility does fall on us.